This page is a list of various scholarships, internships, and other opportunities available to Orthodox Christian college students in North America. Priority is given to opportunities open to students from all canonical Orthodox jurisdictions, but many of these are jurisdiction-specific. Please make sure to read the information at the relevant link for more information.
If you know of any other scholarships, internships, or similar opportunities that should be listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with that information.
Spring 2015 Opportunities:
Please view our calendar for the most up-to-date academic and fellowship opportunities!
- Archbishop Iakovos Graduate Students Conference in Patristic Studies: (March 5-7) Conference for all areas of Christian Patristics, exegesis, theology, and history hosted by the Pappas Patristic Institute at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology. Deadline for submitting abstracts is FEBRUARY 2nd and for completed papers is FEBRUARY 26th.
Summer 2015 Opportunities:
All Saints Camp: (May-August) Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA Camping Ministry; paid and volunteer positions available for Cabin Staff, Program Staff and Facility Staff. Positions available for single and multi-week employment. Applications are due MAY 15th.
- FOCUS North America: (10-12 wks; June-August) Two positions available with FOCUS North America this summer: National Program Intern (Pittsburgh) & Research & Planning Intern (Pittsburgh). Applications are due APRIL 30th.
- IOCC Summer Internships: (10-12 wks; May-September) Two positions available with International Orthodox Christian Charities this summer: US Program Intern (Minneapolis, USA) & Program/Communications Intern (Athens, Greece). Applications are due FEBRUARY 28th.
- Ionian Village Spiritual Odyssey: (June 1 – 11) Visit incredible pilgrimage sites throughout Greece while staying at Ionian Village. For ages 19-24. Registration opens FEBURARY 1st.
- OCMC Open Mission Teams: Join a short-term missions team teaching, doing youth work, building churches and schools, or providing medical care for communities in Albania, Guatemala, Indonesia, Kenya, Moldova, and Uganda.
- Project Mexico: (trips run from May 27-July 29) Help build homes in Northern Mexico.
- Project Tihkvin: (June 26-July 18) Help with restorations at the Monastery of the Entrance of the Mother of God in Tihkvin, Russia. Must be a member of ROCOR.
- American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association: up to $2,000; Undergraduate, graduate, and seminary scholarships are available. You or a family member must be a member of an AHEPA organization or you must be of Greek descent. Applications are due MARCH 31st.
- Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting: $500-$1,000; Must be a graduating high school senior, an active member of Boy or Girl Scouts, and have earned the Eagle Scout Award or Gold Award. Applications are due MAY 1st.
- Francis Maria Scholarship: $2,500; Undergraduate scholarship. Applications must be postmarked by MAY 15th.
- Gioles Scholarship: $1,000; Undergraduate scholarship. At least one will be awarded to a student of Journalism. Must be a member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. Applications due APRIL 27th.
- Harry & Florence Kouri Memorial Scholarship: Must be a graduating high school senior from the Antiochian Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America. Applications must be postmarked by APRIL 27th.
- John C. Kulis Foundation: $5,000-$10,000; Undergraduate, graduate, and seminary scholarships are available. Must be a member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA, or the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the United States. Specific scholarships include: Loyola University Chicago in Accounting, Loyola University Chicago in Medicine, major in a Science, and major in a health science. Applications are due APRIL 1st.
- Malta Scholarship: $1,000; Undergraduate scholarship. Application due APRIL 27th.
- Paleologos Graduate Scholarship: up to $5,000; Graduate scholarship. Applications are due APRIL 27th.
- OCF Student Leadership Board: develop as an Orthodox leader by serving as one of OCF’s top student leaders
- YES College Days: Partner with FOCUS North America to learn about poverty in your city and engage with the community in a meaningful way.
- OrthodoxJobs: job listings for positions related to the Orthodox faith, professional development resources, and Orthodox business listings
- Semester of Faith: semester exchange program at Hellenic College
- St. James House: spend a year of service and spiritual development in Eagle River, Alaska.
- St. Maria of Paris Lived Theology School: spend a year of service and theological development at St. John the Compassionate Mission in Toronto, Ontario.
Orthodox Educational Opportunities:
- Antiochian House of Studies, Ligonier, Pennsylvania
- Christ the Savior Seminary, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Hellenic College, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary, Jordanville, Pennsylvania
- The Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, England
- The Orthodox Christian Studies Center at Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- Orthodox Studies at the University of Winchester, Winchester, England
- Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute, Berkeley, California
- St. Andrew’s College, Winnepeg, Manitoba
- St. Arseny Institute, Winnepeg, Manitoba
- Sts. Cyril & Athanasius of Alexandria Institute for Orthodox Studies, San Francisco, California
- St. Herman Theological Seminary, Kodiak, Alaska
- St. Katherine College, Encinitas, California
- St. Sava School of Theology, Libertyville, Illinois
- St. Sophia Ukrainian Orthodox Theological Seminary, South Bound Brook, New Jersey
- St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, South Canaan, Pennsylvania
- St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, Yonkers, New York
- Toronto Orthodox Theological Academy, Toronto, Ontario
- Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec