This page is a list of various scholarships, internships, and other opportunities available to Orthodox Christian college students in North America. Priority is given to opportunities open to students from all canonical Orthodox jurisdictions, but many of these are jurisdiction-specific. Please make sure to read the information at the relevant link for more information.
If you know of any other scholarships, internships, or similar opportunities that should be listed here, please email email@example.com with that information.
- $1,000 – Malta Scholarship (Deadline: May 6, 2016)
- $5,000 – Paleologos Graduate Scholarship (Deadline: May 6, 2016)
- $2,500 – Francis Maria Scholarship (Deadline: May 15, 2016)
- $1,000 – Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting Scholarship (Deadline: May 1, 2016)
- $5,000 – $25,000 – John C. Kulis Charitable Foundation Scholarships (Deadline: April 1, 2016)
Must be a member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, the American Carpatho-Russian Diocese of the USA, or the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the United States
- Up to $2,000 – AHEPA Scholarships (Deadline: March 31, 2016)
Must be of Hellenic descent
- $1,000 – Gioles Scholarship (Deadline: May 6, 2016)
Must be a member of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Summer 2016 Opportunities:
- Camp Nazareth: (July 10-August 7) Serve on staff for four one-week sessions in Pennsylvania as paid staff. Camp Naz provides a variety of opportunities on staff in addition to counseling including: nursing, kitchen staff, and tech staff. Applications are due MARCH 15th.
- Camp St. Raphael: (June 26-July 16) Serve on staff for three one-week sessions in Kansas as staff or as a CIT. Applications for staff are due FEBRUARY 15th, for CITs, MARCH 15th.
- Camp St. Thekla: (June 22-July 10) Serve on staff for two one-week sessions in Tennessee as staff or as a CIT. Applications for staff are due March 1st, for CITs, April 1st.
- IOCC Summer Internships: (May-September) This summer, IOCC is looking for a development intern for their home office in Baltimore, a US program intern for their Minneapolis office (with travel), and a Greece program intern for their Athens office. Stipends are provided. Applications are due FEBRUARY 29th.
- IOCC Orthodox Action Teams: (June 6-August 20) Serve on a one-week home-building team in New Orleans, LA or Columbia, SC.
- Ionian Village Spiritual Odyssey: (June 1-12) Experience a week in Greece on a spiritual pilgrimage. Open to ages 19-24. Registration opens MARCH 1st.
- FOCUS North America Summer Internship: Gain experience with practical, hands-on project management training and skills development in the context of a multi-state community engagement and distribution program targeting the feeding of food insecure children at the national headquarters for FOCUS North America. Monthly stipend and travel/program expenses are covered.
- Metropolis of Pittsburgh Summer Camp Program at Camp Nazareth: (June 13-July 18) Serve on staff for four one-week sessions in Pennsylvania as staff. Various positions are available.
- OCMC Open Mission Teams: (May-September) Join a short-term missions team teaching, doing youth work, building churches and schools, or providing medical care for communities in Albania, Guatemala, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Uganda, and the US.
- Project Mexico: (trips run from May 27-July 29) Help build homes in Northern Mexico.
- OCF Student Leadership Board: develop as an Orthodox leader by serving as one of OCF’s top student leaders
- YES College Days: Partner with FOCUS North America to learn about poverty in your city and engage with the community in a meaningful way.
- OrthodoxJobs: job listings for positions related to the Orthodox faith, professional development resources, and Orthodox business listings
- Semester of Faith: semester exchange program at Hellenic College
- St. James House: spend a year of service and spiritual development in Eagle River, Alaska.
- St. Maria of Paris Lived Theology School: spend a year of service and theological development at St. John the Compassionate Mission in Toronto, Ontario.
Orthodox Educational Opportunities:
- Antiochian House of Studies, Ligonier, Pennsylvania
- Christ the Savior Seminary, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Hellenic College, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary, Jordanville, Pennsylvania
- The Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, England
- The Orthodox Christian Studies Center at Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- Orthodox Studies at the University of Winchester, Winchester, England
- Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute, Berkeley, California
- St. Andrew’s College, Winnepeg, Manitoba
- St. Arseny Institute, Winnepeg, Manitoba
- Sts. Cyril & Athanasius of Alexandria Institute for Orthodox Studies, San Francisco, California
- St. Herman Theological Seminary, Kodiak, Alaska
- St. Katherine College, Encinitas, California
- St. Sava School of Theology, Libertyville, Illinois
- St. Sophia Ukrainian Orthodox Theological Seminary, South Bound Brook, New Jersey
- St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, South Canaan, Pennsylvania
- St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, Yonkers, New York
- Toronto Orthodox Theological Academy, Toronto, Ontario
- Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec