Every campus is different and has different requirements for their on campus student organizations. You will need to your school’s Student Activities or Campus Ministry offices to learn more about the procedure for starting an organization and what resources exist for registered organizations. However, here are some general guidelines so you know what to ask:
- Typically, only registered organizations have access to on campus spaces, communication resources, funds, etc.
- Some campuses offer automatic funding and bank accounts for organisations while others require applications.
- Typically, the registration process requires leaders to go through some sort of training as well as turn in certain documents.
- Find out what the school’s posting policy is regarding flyers, tables, and other means of advertising.
- Find out when the student activities/ministry fair(s) are so that OCF can have a table set up. This is an essential part of building a chapter on campus and will attract Orthodox and non-Orthodox students alike.