Registration is now open for those interested in serving as counselors for the Youth Program of the 19th All-American Council (AAC), which will convene in St. Louis, MO, July 23-27, 2018.
The Orthodox Church in America’s All-American Council brings together the clergy and faithful to discuss and reflect on the needs of the church. The AAC also includes a vibrant and dynamic Youth Program which brings together hundreds of young people from across North America for a week of worship, fellowship, educational, and service activities.
Those OCF leaders and members who are interested in serving as counselors can apply online. Early application is encouraged, as the number of counselor slots is limited. The deadline for volunteer registration is January 1, 2018.
Ideal candidates with preferred skill sets for counselors include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching experience (elementary – high school levels)
- Junior or senior camp counselor roles
- Working with youth (ages 5-17)
- Familiarity with Church music (singing, directing, chanting, or reading)
- Experience as altar server, sub-deacon or sacristan
- Experience with the liturgical arts (iconography and music)
- Video/Photography and relate computer experience
- Lifeguard certification
- CPR training
- Experience as a nurse or nurse practitioner
- Proficiency in languages other than English
Information about the Youth Program and the application process is available here. All volunteers will complete a three-stage review process before their final selection is confirmed.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org