Romania – Valea Plopului
· Description: Valea Plopului is a remote village about 70 miles north of Bucharest, Romania. This community takes care of about 220 orphans, handicapped children and children from families with financial hardships. Students on this trip will work on maintenance projects at the village as well as interact with the children who live there.
· Dates: March 5-14, 2010
· Trip Leader: Jordan Henderson, OCF Service Learning Director
· Cost: $1975.00 USD. This cost includes the international flight, transportation, lodging, meals, materials and a short excursion in Bucharest; however, it does not include the domestic flight to and from New York (JFK). If you fundraise over the $1975 trip cost, OCF will reimburse your domestic flight up to the overage amount fundraised.
· Transportation: Participants will receive an email by November 15, 2009 stating specific times to book your flight to/from New York (JFK).
· Website: www.valeaplopului.com
TO REGISTER FOR THIS TRIP, GO TO: http://2010realbreakromaniavp.eventbrite.com