A district is defined as a
group of chapters ideally located within a 1-2 hour drive from each other,
which join together for support, fellowship, and sharing ideas.
District Student Leader
By facilitating the elected chapter leaders in a
given district, the district student leader is responsible for creating
connections between local chapters and providing a support system for chapter
leaders. He/she will lead a student committee comprised of all the chapter leaders
in the district which will meet (via phone/Skype or in person) ideally once a
month. Led by the district student leader, the district committee consisting of all chapter leaders in the district will plan
district-wide events as well as support each other in the normal struggles of
leading an OCF chapter. Regular responsibilities of the district student leader may include:
- Visiting all
chapters at least once a semester during their OCF meeting.
- Communicating regularly with chapter leaders through emails, facebook, conference calls.
- Providing chapter leaders with content topics/activities for meetings.
- Planning and facilitating district events.
- Representing OCF to local clergy and bishops alongside the district chaplain.
The role of the district chaplain is to facilitate the
cooperation and mutual support for all the local chaplains of the district.
Through his own experience working with OCF, he should be able to be a resource
for the other local chaplains through difficult situations. Regular responsibilities may include:
- Communicating regularly with local chaplains through emails, facebook, conference calls
- Helping work through any problems that arise between local chaplains,
student leaders, lay coordinators, and faculty advisors.
- Advising the
district student leader and district coordinator on spiritual and
- Attending district events and providing spiritual guidance.
- Providing suggestions for local chaplains for new chapters.
- Representing OCF to local clergy and bishops alongside the district student leader.
The role of the district coordinator is to
facilitate the work of the local lay coordinators and to provide administrative assistance
to the district student committee and district chaplain. Regular responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating regular conference calls and/or
meetings of the district student committee and the lay coordinators.
- Guiding and assisting in the planning of district
events, always, however, deferring to the students for inspiration, ideas, and
- Developing professional and spiritual development activities for chapter leaders.
- Reaching out to schools in the district which do not have OCF chapters to
create new chapters.
- Helping inactive chapters in the district reactivate (recruit members, find new lay coordinators, etc.)
If you have questions or concerns regarding any of these positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.