Start your meeting by listening together to the episode “Why Time” of the podcast Time Eternal by Dr. Nicole Roccas
Then, as a group or in smaller groups, discuss the following questions:
- How do you experience time? Does time seem like a blessing? An opportunity? An access point to God? Or does it feel stressful? Nagging? Like a burden?
- Does time feel sacred? How have you experienced time as something sacred?
- How can our awareness of time make a real difference in our spiritual lives?
- “So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90:12
- As we begin this school year, what are some practical steps we can take to take advantage of time? What are some ways we can more regularly perceive time as sacred?
Conclude today’s meeting by praying the Prayer of the Hours
Thou who at every season and every hour, in Heaven and on earth art worshipped and glorified, O Christ God; long-suffering, merciful and compassionate; Who lovest the just and showest mercy upon the sinner; Who callest all to salvation through the promise of blessings to come. O Lord, in this hour receive our supplications, and direct our lives according to Thy commandments.
Sanctify our souls. Purify our bodies. Correct our minds; cleanse our thoughts; and deliver us from all tribulations, evil, and distress. Surround us with Thy holy angels; that, guided and guarded by them, we may attain to the unity of the faith, and unto the knowledge of Thine unapproachable glory. For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen.
Prayer taken from oca.org