- March 13, 2020 - March 21, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
MARCH 13-21, 2020
OCF is offering the spiritual opportunity of a lifetime: a Real Break trip to Jerusalem. Real Break Jerusalem will afford team members the opportunity to walk the footsteps of Christ, as well as visit historical and spiritually significant sites to the three Abrahamic religions. Team members will also meet the “living stones” of the Holy Land, the local Christian population.
The team will spend one week visiting Jerusalem, the Galilee area (Nazareth, Cana, Mt. Tabor), Bethlehem, Beit Sahour and Jericho (the oldest city in the world).
Pilgrimages will be made to:
- Nazareth, the site of the Annunciation and the home of Mary
- Bethlehem, the site of the Nativity of our Lord
- Jordan River, the site of the Epiphany
- Jericho, the location of the Mount of Temptation
- Cana, the site of Christ’s first miracle
- Sebastia, site of the beheading of St. John the Baptist
- Jacob’s well, site of our Lord’s conversation with St. Photini (the Samaritan at the well)
- Mt. Tabor, the site of the Transfiguration
- Capernaum and surrounding areas, where Jesus and his apostles spent most of their time
- Gethsemane, the site of Christ’s betrayal and the location of the Monastery of St. Mary Magdalene
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem, the site of our Lord’s crucifixion and resurrection
- Mount of Olives, the site of our Lord’s Ascension
- Tomb of the Virgin Mary
PLEASE READ ALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
Total Trip Cost – $3,000.00
Trip Deposit Required to Register – $300.00 (10% of total trip cost)
The trip cost includes international airfare, transportation, lodging, meals, outings, materials, and donations to the trip hosts. It does not include a participant’s domestic flight to or from the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York.
Clergy Leader – TBA
Lay Leaders – Hibbah Kaileh
Each participant will be responsible for making their own domestic travel arrangements. Participants are strongly encouraged to book their domestic flight as soon as they receive the international flight arrangements. These details will be shared with all participants no later than January 15, 2020.
Participants will be staying at the Taybeh Golden Hotel. All linens/towels will be provided.
If a registrant chooses to pay for their trip online, or someone would like to donate to their trip online, it may be done by visiting www.ocf.net/sponsor. The registrant or donor must make sure to specify the Real Break student’s name and trip at the time of donation.
Both the registrants themselves as well as donors may contribute to a Real Break 2020 trip by making a check payable to “Orthodox Christian Fellowship” and including the name and Real Break trip of the participant they are supporting. Checks may be mailed to: Orthodox Christian Fellowship, 50 Goddard Avenue, Brookline, MA 02445.
QUESTIONS? Email Anastasia at email@example.com or call the OCF National Office at 617-850-1227.