- Real Break Jerusalem March 2019
March 15, 2019 - March 23, 2019
5:00 am - 6:00 am
Trip Mission – OCF is offering the spiritual opportunity of a lifetime: a Real Break trip to Jerusalem. Real Break Jerusalem will afford team members the opportunity to walk the footsteps of Christ, as well as visit historical and spiritually significant sites to the three Abrahamic religions. Team members will also meet the “living stones” of the Holy Land, the local Christian population. Orthodox youth from America will partner up with the local Orthodox youth in the Holy Land on a joint community service project, which will be decided by the representatives of both groups as the visit nears. The team will spend one week visiting Jerusalem, the Galilee area (Nazareth, Cana, Mt. Tabor), Bethlehem, Beit Sahour and Jericho (the oldest city in the world).
Pilgrimages will be made to:
- the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, the site of our Lord’s crucifixion and resurrection
- the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, the site of Jesus’ birth
- the Orthodox Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth, where the Angel Gabriel announced the Good News to Panagia
- Monastery at the Mt. of Temptation in Jericho, the oldest City in the world
- the Jordan River, the site of the Epiphany
- Russian Monastery of St Mary Magdalene, Gethsemane
- Church of St. George, Cana, Galilee the site of the first miracle performed by Jesus
Other destinations include:
- the Greek Orthodox Monastery of the Transfiguration, Mt. Tabor
- Mount of Olives, site of our Lord’s Ascension
- Monastery of the Ascension, Mount of Olives
- the Wailing Wall inside the old city of Jerusalem
- the Dome of the Rock inside the old city of Jerusalem
- Gethsemane, where our Lord was captured before his Passion and Crucifixion
- Monastery of St. Gerasimos, Jericho
- Monastery of St. Theodosius the Cenobiarch, site of the resting place of the Magi before their return to their home
- St. Stephen’s Church, Jerusalem, the site of the stoning of St. Stephen, the first Martyr burial site of Oskar Schindler, Jerusalem
NOTE: St. Sabbas Monastery in Kidron Valley is a male only monastery. Real Break Jerusalem will schedule a tentative time to allow males to venerate the relics of St. Sabbas. Women will view the monastery from the designated look-out point.
Trip Deposit Required to Register – $300.00 (10% of total trip cost)
Total Trip Cost – $3,000.00 (does not include domestic airfare to/from John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport in New York)
If a registrant chooses to pay for their trip online, or someone would like to donate to their trip online, it may be done by visiting http://www.ocf.net/sponsor/. The registrant or donor must make sure to specify the Real Break student’s name and trip under “Student Name” as the honoree of their donation.
Both the registrants themselves as well as donors may contribute to a Real Break 2019 trip by making a check payable to “Orthodox Christian Fellowship” and including the name and Real Break trip of the participant they are supporting. Checks may be mailed to: Orthodox Christian Fellowship, 50 Goddard Avenue, Brookline, MA 02445.
QUESTIONS? Email OCF National Programs Manager, Donna Levas at email@example.com or Real Break Student Leader, Simeon Brasowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call the OCF National Office at (617) 850-1227.