Overview of OCF
OCF transforms the lives of college students by guiding them along the path to Jesus Christ through His Church, cultivating a campus community of worship, witness, service, fellowship, and education. The vision of Orthodox Christian Fellowship is to be the loving presence of Christ and the Orthodox Church on college campuses, to be an integral part of students’ spiritual formation by challenging them to explore and grow in the Faith, and to inspire students to commit to living an Orthodox Christian way of life daily. We are looking for a full-time Ministry Coordinator who has a passion for ministry to college students to join our team. Learn more about OCF and our Core Values.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position that reports to our Director of Ministries, Christina Andresen. The Ministry Coordinator will work closely with the ministry team of OCF in the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the ministry efforts, programs, and offerings for college students- including and not limited to: College Conference, Real Break, Summer Leadership Institute, virtual ministry, and retreats. You will have the opportunity to advance new initiatives which engage students in their faith. You will also be highly involved with the equipping and mentoring of, and collaboration with, our Student Leadership Board.
- As part of the ministry team, plan and execute ministerial activities, including student-planned events, virtual offerings, and national programs
- Participate in and facilitate student programming virtually and in person
- Participate in the development of student and chapter resources that encourage personal spiritual growth and provide program ideas for local chapters
- Assist with preparation of and adherence to program budgets
- Communicate with and advise chapter leaders
- Proactively pursue the engagement of more students
- Creatively and strategically develop new student programming initiatives
- Equip and mentor student leaders both individually and as members of teams in collaboration with the Director of Ministries and Student Leadership Board spiritual advisor
- Prioritize student communication and needs
- Highly collaborative style; experience with developing and implementing programs and initiatives
- Exceptional communicator, both written and spoken, with good people skills
- Proven track record in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills who is organized and willing to be held accountable
- Technologically savvy
- A strong track record as an implementer and facilitator who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force along with having a passion for working with college students and being involved in their lives
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, students, board members, volunteers, donors, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Faith and Education: Due to the nature of and responsibilities for this position, an Orthodox Christian who has a foundational knowledge of the faith and experience with the various traditions within American Orthodoxy is essential. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Travel: Candidates must be willing to travel several times a year as it relates to program responsibilities.
- Experience and Values:
- 2+ years of experience in program design and/or implementation
- Experience with mentoring as well as growing teams
- A technology enthusiast who adopts new technology early and is a quick learner of new applications
- Experience working in a team-oriented, virtual environment preferred
- Resonate with OCF core values and mission