What We Do
To put it simply, we serve college students.
OCF offers opportunities for college students to encounter Jesus Christ and be engaged with their faith while in college.
Staff Core Values
Everything we do is rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ. College students are our priority.
We believe in excellence and we put forth our best effort. We build one another up and hold each other accountable.
Our greatest strengths lie in our passion for this ministry and our commitment to one another and our collective work.
We are innovative leaders in the Church. We aren’t afraid to take risks and we celebrate our successes without ego. We lift up the work of others whenever we can.
“make it better.”
We challenge ourselves to embody an attitude of constant growth. We both accept and offer feedback to endlessly advance how we reach and engage our students.
Why Join Our Team?
Do work that matters.
By working with us, you can impact the lives of college students immediately. You’ll be encouraged to think creatively, pursue new and better ways to serve students, and look for God’s transformative love in your work every day.
Live an integrated life.
At OCF, we like to keep our priorities straight. Our journey in the faith and spiritual growth, our family priorities, and our responsibilities within this ministry co-exist in a healthy way. We are first and foremost servants working out our own salvation, and you will be part of a supportive community that encourages and challenges you to live a Christian life to its fullest.
Work with flexibility.
We’re a remote team which means we have the opportunity to tailor our schedules and choose our own workspaces. We also love technology that keeps us connected and on task. You’ll have the freedom to identify with your manager a balance that makes sense for both your job responsibilities and your context and stage of life.
Serve with authentic, smart teammates.
At OCF, your teammates are people you like, respect, and want to hang out with. We value collaboration and striving for excellence together. You won’t be micro-managed, and you will always be supported by competent, engaging managers who are interested in seeing you thrive.
Serving college students means we’re often up-to-date on the latest apps, trending music, or funny memes. We strive to stay in touch with college life as it is today to better serve our students. At OCF, you’ll work hard, laugh a lot, and be constantly amazed as you witness life-changing moments in the lives of students.
Reports To: Ministry Coordinator
Hours per Week: 10, a combination of fixed and flexible hours based on availability and ministry needs
Hourly Wage: $15
Location: Remote, DC area for hybrid work with Ministry Coordinator preferred
Primary Purpose: The Ministry Team of OCF is responsible for the creation, implementation, and evaluation of all staff- and student-led campus ministry efforts. The Ministry Intern will be an integral part of this team, providing support and administrative assistance for all OCF ministry efforts and taking the lead on new student data collection and outreach.
Job Responsibilities: While additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Ministry Coordinator, the following list represents the major tasks required of this position:
- Participation in the development and implementation of Ministry Team objectives and key results
- Coordination of student outreach efforts, including high school and camp programming, relationships with partner organizations and parishes, and alumni ambassador development
- Program registration setup and maintenance
- Coordination of many aspects of national program logistics
- On-site support at the Summer Leadership Institute (August) and one College Conference location (December)
- Technology setup and support
- Hosting virtual programs
- Product ordering and mailing
- Chapter and student content and resource development
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Orthodox Christian in good standing
- Committed to OCF’s mission and core values
- Familiarity with OCF structure and programs preferred
- Confidence in communicating with and presenting to all OCF stakeholders, including partner organizations, parish leaders, and bishops
- Professional, reliable, and self-motivated
- Creative and organized problem-solver
- Technologically savvy and willing to learn new platforms—the Ministry Team primarily relies on G Suite, Slack, monday.com, RegFox, and DonorPerfect, and we’re always looking to improve our workflow with technology
Application: To apply, please provide:
- A brief letter of interest regarding the position
- An up-to-date resume
Applications may be submitted online here.
Applicants will be reviewed and contacted based upon the order of submitted applications and with a hope that the position will be filled as quickly as possible with an anticipated start date in early June 2022.