50 Goddard Avenue – Brookline, MA 02445
Phone: 617.850.1227 | Fax: 617.850.1460
www.ocf.net | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: OCF National Office
Date: June 15, 2020
We’ve got good news!
OCF receives $25,000 Matching Grant Opportunity
BROOKLINE, MA — Over the past few months, we have all been faced with challenges that point to an uncertain future. However, in the midst of these challenges, OCF remains committed to building community, strengthening faith, and bringing Christ’s love to college students. Since March 2020, OCF has provided these new opportunities for college students:
- Virtual discussion series on Fr. Thomas Hopko’s “55 Maxims for Christian Living”
- Virtual chapel opportunities, including Compline, Paraklesis, and the Akathist of Thanksgiving
- Virtual small groups facilitated by OCF alumni connecting students with their peers to discuss their faith and current experience
- Lenten cooking videos
- Holy Week video series connecting the pilgrimage sites of Real Break Jerusalem to the services of Holy Week
- Graduation video series honoring the Class of 2020, featuring actor and musician Jonathan Jackson as keynote
- Virtual series on racial reconciliation as Orthodox Christians (currently being offered in partnership with the Fellowship of St. Moses the Black and CrossRoad Summer Institute)
- Virtual Summer Leadership Institute (beginning June 28)
OCF has been offered a tremendous opportunity for the faithful to support our college students. The Renaissance Fund has extended a $25,000 matching grant to OCF, where donations of up to $500 between June 15th and August 4th will be doubled if the $25,000 goal is met!
College students need us NOW. They want to live faithfully. They want to be engaged in their faith. They want their faith to engage them. OCF can only do this with the help of its supporters.
Donations can be made at www.ocf.net/ocfnow.
For more information about this matching grant opportunity please contact OCF Development Manager, Donna Levas at email@example.com.
Orthodox Christian Fellowship (OCF) is an agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States and serves as the official campus ministry for the twelve (12) Orthodox Christian jurisdictions that the Assembly represents. Its mission is to transform the lives of college students by guiding them along the path to Jesus Christ through His Church, cultivating a campus community of worship, witness, service, fellowship, and education.*Matching Grant generously provided by The Renaissance Fund. A donation up to $500 will count towards the matching grant opportunity until the $25,000 match goal is met. For donors who gave in 2019 or 2020, donations will be matched if the amount given towards this campaign exceeds any previous 2019/2020 donation. This provides current donors with the opportunity to increase their support for OCF as well as invite friends to learn about and support OCF’s ministry.